Thursday, May 2, 2013

Linoleum Print Making


     In this project we used linoleum squares to make prints of an animal scene. I used an armadillo with a wooded area as my background. Even though armadillo's aren't native to wooded areas, I wanted to do something different. We first found reference images on google and printed those out. With those we combined them and created a new sketch that incoorperates elements from the reference images. Next we took tracing paper and traced the image from our sketch books on the paper. We then traced it again onto the linoleum square. From there, we used a gouge tool, linoleum cutter, to cut out the different shapes and areas of color. We then used a brayer to roll ink onto the linoleum square and then layed it on a piece of paper. The image transfered onto the paper and made a print. You need to do a couple prints to figure out how much or how little ink to use. Once I figured it out I chose colored paper and ink and made my final prints. Overall, I was happy with how they turned out but I think I could've done better with the actual drawing. I had fun with this project and hope to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment